Our Practice

Our Approach


At the Law Office of Claribel P. Madueña, PC, we handle each case with compassion.  As the daughter of immigrants, Ms. Madueña understands our clients' goals and fears, which makes her an effective advocate.  Next, we approach each case very skillfully.   Over the years, Ms. Madueña has developed strategies to strengthen and win cases.  Finally, our services are valuable.  When you meet with Ms. Madueña, she empowers you by providing helpful information and encouraging you to be an active participant in your case.  Together, we will fight to make your American dream become a reality.  

Legacy of Success


Attorney Madueña has been practicing law for almost 10 years and has a proven track record of representing hundreds of families in all aspects of immigration law.  We use that experience to help you achieve the best results for your immigration case.  Check out our success stories, and then schedule your consultation today.


Claribel P. Madueña, Esq.


Claribel Palacios Madueña, Esq. earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of California, San Diego.  She became an immigration attorney shortly after she graduated from Loyola Law School Los Angeles in 2009. Ms. Madueña has gained extensive experience in a wide range of immigration cases and has successfully guided hundreds of individuals through the very complicated and stressful immigration process.  

Throughout her legal career, Ms. Madueña has been fearless in her pursuit to achieve the best results for her clients.​​  Ms. Madueña did not always know that she would practice immigration law, but she always knew that she wanted to be an attorney.  From a very young age, she possessed a strong sense of justice and the desire to help others.  Additionally, as the daughter of parents that immigrated to the U.S. from Nicaragua and El Salvador, Attorney Madueña can relate to the  immigrant community.  Helping families remain together and giving them hope for the future is not only rewarding, but also fuels her drive to be an effective advocate.  

    Ms. Madueña generously donates her time to immigration legal clinics held by various non-profit organizations all over the Bay Area.  In addition,  she provides continuing education opportunities for the immigrant community, and conducts seminars/workshops for  potential clients, employers, and third-party administrators on a regular basis. 


During her free-time, Ms. Madueña enjoys spending time with her husband, Anthoney, and their dog, Lola. She also likes to read, stay active, go to the beach, and travel. As the daughter of a retired U.S. Navy Seabee, she has traveled the globe and speaks Spanish fluently and is proficient in Italian.


Family Petitions

If you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident, there are several different ways you may be able to help your spouse, child, sibling, and/or parent obtain lawful immigration status. Filing a family petition (Form I-130) is the first step in any family-based immigration. For more information, please click here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130)

Adjustment of Status

If you entered the Unites States with a valid visa and are married to a U.S. citizen or have a U.S. citizen parent or child, you may be able to obtain your green card without leaving the U.S. For more information, please click here: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/adjustment-of-status 

Consular Processing

 If you have a spouse, child, parent or sibling living outside of the United States, you may be able to bring that family member to the U.S.  For more information, please click here: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/consular-processing

Provisional Waivers

 If you entered the U.S. without permission but are the spouse or child of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, you may qualify for a provisional waiver. You must demonstrate that your deportation would cause your spouse and/or parent ‘extreme hardship.’  For more information, please click here: https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/provisional-unlawful-presence-waivers

Additional Waivers

If you or a family member have been deported and are  outside of the U.S., you may qualify for a waiver to legally come back to the United States. For more information, please click here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-212

If you or a family member have committed certain crimes that disqualify you from obtaining a green a card, you may qualify for a waiver to obtain lawful residency.  For more information, please click here:  https://www.uscis.gov/i-601


 If you have been the victim of a crime here in the United States, assisted police, and have suffered physical and/or mental trauma, you may qualify for a U-visa.  For more information, please click here: https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/victims-human-trafficking-other-crimes/victims-criminal-activity-u-nonimmigrant-status/victims-criminal-activity-u-nonimmigrant-status



  If you are married to a U.S. citizen and have been a lawful permanent resident for 3 years, you may be eligible to apply for naturalization. 

If you have been a lawful permanent resident for 5 years,  you may be eligible to apply for naturalization.   

For more information, please click here: https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization

If you are afraid to apply for naturalization because of your criminal history, please call our office today to speak with Attorney Madueña. She has successfully obtained U.S. citizenship for clients with multiple criminal convictions and arrests.  

Removal of Conditions

 If you were married to your spouse for less than 2 years when immigration approved your green card, you are a 'conditional' permanent resident. Under this status, your green card will expire after 2 years, and you will be required to file a removal of condition (Form I-751) within 90 days of your expiration date. 

For more information, please click here: 


If you are no longer with your spouse, you must still file this application and we highly recommend you seek the help of a reputable immigration attorney.  We would be more than happy to assist you.

Reentry Permit

 If you are a lawful permanent resident and are planning to travel outside of the U.S. for more than 6 months, you will need a re-entry document (Form I-131) to return to the U.S. 

If you remain abroad for more than 6 months without filing for a re-entry permit, immigration may think you have abandoned your lawful permanent residency. 

If you are a refugee, or currently have TPS or DACA, you may file this form to travel abroad. We do not recommend traveling outside of the U.S. until you have consulted with a reputable immigration attorney. 

 For more information, please click here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-131 

Deportation Defense

If you or a loved one are facing deportation and are in court process, you have the right to be represented by an attorney.  Ms. Madueña has successfully represented hundreds of clients before the immigration and detention courts.  For more information, please click here:  https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/overview-removal-deportation-hearings-process.html

We highly recommend you seek the help of an experienced immigration attorney.  Our office would be more than happy to assist you. 

Case Investigations

If you have ever had contact with immigration officials, including border officials, but you do not know the outcome of those encounters, you may want to request these records from the government.  It is not advisable in every case, but in some cases, your complete record is necessary to determine your immigration options. 

We file requests with different government agencies, including Customs and Border Protection(CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Immigration Court (EOIR), the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM). 

For more information, please click here: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-get-copy-your-immigration-file-form-g-639-foia-requests.html

Criminal Record

If you have been convicted of a crime, or are currently facing criminal charges, the outcome of your case may affect your immigration status.   

Ms. Madueña has successfully represented clients with criminal records through the immigration process. The crimes range from very minor to very serious, but one thing remains the same: we will never judge our clients because we understand that everyone makes mistakes.  

Ms. Madueña will also work closely with your criminal defense attorney to determine how a certain criminal conviction will affect your immigration case.  

For more information, please click here: http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/uploads/immigration/immig_west/D.pdf